Skip to main content

Low to No Sugar updates- Week 1




It's been just about a week within this challenge, and one thing that's been established is that  I've been very mindful of labels. Since I've been on my fitness journey, I've looked at labels for it's calorie intake, but not really focused on the sugar make-up.

Now that I know the servings suggested a day, I can work my diet around those suggested. I found myself not craving anything sugary. I've even stopped my gum chew, which I normally do once a day, with the exception of 1 day.

Meal plan.
-Water 22 oz with 1/4 tsp of lime juice
-No carbs or white rice, pasta, starch, can goods
-Homemade soup (green pea and broccoli)
-shredded chicken stew (carrots, onions, garlic, cabbage, green beans, chicken thighs, and tomatoes)

Here's a few pictures of my diary.

Yesterday was a bit off, where I did engage in a bagel... that was my carb, which equals sugar- looking at about 43- 48gm of starch.

 Yellow Split Pea Soup
 Chick Pea Fritters


Organic Whole grain and shredded chicken and vegetables

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childrens Book on Multiple Myeloma

 I've found I can talk with an adult all day about life with a multiple myeloma diagnosis, some get it, some are still clueless...it is what it is. Multiple Myeloma is relatable for those who are on their own journey, or those who have had a family or friend who was taken from them because of it.  The conversation around cancer with young children holds a certain complexity. The question arises, should you say anything about it with small children as opposed to older children? How do you start the conversation? Is it necessary to be so candid with subtlety? After being diagnosed myself at an early age, and found myself in need of my own comfort in bringing on this conversation.   Follow my journey as I start promoting my new book...title to be debuted at a later time on my social media page -Instagram @myelomachick . Whether having small children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews...How have you shared your story with multiple myeloma? Y

Still Kicking and Moving All Around

Hey Everyone, I'm doing well on this end. I'm currently in remission, and my follow-up next week will actually reconfirm that. We will also discuss the next steps. A lot has taken place this year and I'm just moving with the flow of things. I've been doing my share of writing via different formats online, so I'm excited about helping those also going through myeloma or any other blood-related cancer. I know this is still a harsh struggle for so many of my fellow MM's. I know in the past few months a few people I follow on social media have had a time with the prognosis of their disease, and one has recently passed away. When I hear stories like this it reminds me, that no matter remission this is still a blunt reality that never leaves you. I will always be on pins and needles, as so many of us living this new life. However, with that said I'm LIVING MY BEST LIFE  and doing what I want to do, with a great bunch of friends and family in my corner. Chec...

Multiple Myeloma Podcast

Hi There, I'll be teaming up with my buddy Kenny Capps for a cool podcast on everything thing myeloma. We hope to give a different outlook on topics and what is on the mind of many young adults affected by the disease multiple myeloma. More details to follow soon. Email me for more information- madaboutmyeloma9@gmail.com