Skip to main content

No- Low Sugar 2 Week Challenge


If you haven't figured it out as of yet. I'm a Fitness Advocate in training. I truly believe diet is the key in maintaining your chronic issue. Starting tomorrow, I'll start my no to low sugar challenge to shed some weight. I'll make a meal dairy and cut some foods that lead to the harsh sugar element, that does cruel things for someone dealing with myeloma.

If  you'd like to join me- contact me via Twitter

I'll also share a few recipes on this journey and hope to report of declined weight.

Foods With Sugar:

  • Cola.
  • Sweetened cereals.
  • White bread.
  • Candy.
  • Granola/energy Bars—up to 25 grams for one bar.
  • Juice and other sweetened beverages.
  • Bakery Items (muffins, cookies, etc)
  • Frozen yogurt and ice cream.
A lot of the above are not in my diet anyway, so this shouldn't be too cumbersome.

I wanted to do this challenge not only to lose some weight that has increased with the multiple cocktail of treatments that I am on, but to also stir away from any diabetic problems that tend to progress with high sugar intake- My motto "Intake with Moderation".

What Our Goals Should Be- 

According to the American Heart Association (AHA), the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are:
  • Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons).
  • Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons).
With so many foods processed, I'm sure you can imagine we're way over those suggested.



Disclaimer:
Any change to diet or fitness and nutrition program should be discussed with your physician. This program that I'm doing is my doing, and has been addressed in one way or another with my treatment team.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childrens Book on Multiple Myeloma

 I've found I can talk with an adult all day about life with a multiple myeloma diagnosis, some get it, some are still clueless...it is what it is. Multiple Myeloma is relatable for those who are on their own journey, or those who have had a family or friend who was taken from them because of it.  The conversation around cancer with young children holds a certain complexity. The question arises, should you say anything about it with small children as opposed to older children? How do you start the conversation? Is it necessary to be so candid with subtlety? After being diagnosed myself at an early age, and found myself in need of my own comfort in bringing on this conversation.   Follow my journey as I start promoting my new book...title to be debuted at a later time on my social media page -Instagram @myelomachick . Whether having small children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews...How have you shared your story with multiple myeloma? Y

Explaining Multiple Myeloma to Children

  We always think about how an adult processes the news of cancer; However, what about a child? A young one at that... During Multiple Myeloma Awareness Month , I will launch a children's book titled " Mama's Blood is Purple and Pink"  and discuss how to address the elephant in the room, such as cancer. I've written a story of how the conversation can go without it being scary for a child, when it can be, and is a scary experience. Debuting end of March 2026. Preorders available here We're also looking at Guest speakers to join the conversation here Further details will be shared on my Instagram page or website

Still Kicking and Moving All Around

Hey Everyone, I'm doing well on this end. I'm currently in remission, and my follow-up next week will actually reconfirm that. We will also discuss the next steps. A lot has taken place this year and I'm just moving with the flow of things. I've been doing my share of writing via different formats online, so I'm excited about helping those also going through myeloma or any other blood-related cancer. I know this is still a harsh struggle for so many of my fellow MM's. I know in the past few months a few people I follow on social media have had a time with the prognosis of their disease, and one has recently passed away. When I hear stories like this it reminds me, that no matter remission this is still a blunt reality that never leaves you. I will always be on pins and needles, as so many of us living this new life. However, with that said I'm LIVING MY BEST LIFE  and doing what I want to do, with a great bunch of friends and family in my corner. Chec...