Skip to main content

Mind, Body and Spirit... and oh yeah Myeloma- Skin Segment

Okay, this has been a harsh winter and cold brutal temperatures can cause havoc on 
the skin. When faced with any kind of disease and in this case 
myeloma, cold, dry cracked skin is not a good day.

Here's the first of my health segment I spoke about starting.

I've noticed for myself being on the cocktail of drugs I spoke of,
my skin tends to be super dry... more than usual.
There was a point it was so cracked I thought it would bleed,
and that's not cute! I had a regimen years ago when I had this
dry patch of psoriasis or something on my *back
that I wiped away and it never returned, I'm not
sure what happened, but I went and did some research and looked to old school remedies.


Old school method and the new.
Let's start with:

Hands

Let's face it after people reference you by face, the hands are next.
Hands are the makeup of what's going on with you,and yes I believe so.
There have been times in meetings I'll cover mine up
if I get to talking with my hands because, at
the end of the day people move their attention to your hands, and super dry
not  good look!
Not need for a razor





My Go To Has Been (Old School):
a mini hand boost
 of  Vaseline for the cuticles.
a hand massage and a pinch of  more Vaseline and mixture of a
good lotion as a nightcap moisturize.
Apply to hand and sleep with a clean but old sock to absorb the
goodness.
Try this twice a week and you should see some
noticeable improvements

Other Methods (New School):
 Same thought with Vaseline applied to cuticles.
Sometimes I'll use a foot shrub lotion to remove
dead skin gently, as well as invigorate the pores,
especially if it's one that has  mint (below pic), wintergreen
or aloe.



I absolutely love Aveeno Products, so I'm going to plug their moisturize
lotion, but quite frankly I would say go back to the Vaseline and the sock after the
scrub is applied.

Tell me if it worked for you


* I'll talk about body/ back method on later post*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mud Girl Obstacle 2023

 This was my first race that was a thrill to take part in. Multiple Myeloma has been a crutch that I've been able to keep at the back end of my shoulder. It is essential to keep living and doing which I tend to do at the 10th degree. Despite the labels, the Mudrun race was a new thing to do and crush. I live by breaking the rules and breaking those assumptions that life stalls. We do know life is short and I find it my kryptonite to not allow the powers that be which sometimes are out of my control to limit what I want to do; perhaps Im fortunate in being able to do things with some limits of course with a different mindset than most.  Crushing this feat of a 3-mile race with 17 obstacles in the mud, and making it through my fear of heights has now allowed me to consider other bucket list possibilities within reason to take a stab at. Cheers to living your best, even when the "You" has been tested at all degrees. Courtesy: Spitfir Production Courtesy: Spitfir Production

Plugging Multiple Myeloma

I had a wonderful conversation with a new friend on the trials of myeloma, and it was interesting that we’ve both experienced to some degree the nonchalant reactions when faced with our disease. The saying to walk a mile in one's own moccasins could never be far from the truth, sometimes you get the feeling that no one cares or your cause and or experience is not of interest...., or better yet taken seriously.... I'm reviewing various sources to promote Another Face of Multiple Myeloma , and after extensive research I found there a not many books on patient related experiences, which I find odd, with the exception of popular myeloma blogger Pat Killingsley, I found just two other personal stories from author's penned memoirs on myeloma, and one unfortunately passed away and the other I'm desperately trying to gather contact information. I was in the process of working with a top myeloma foundation to present my book to readers that could possbly relate to my experi

Nominated for Social Health Awards- Community Cultivator

  Click Here for Details