Skip to main content

Mind, Body and Spirit... and oh yeah Myeloma- Skin Segment

Okay, this has been a harsh winter and cold brutal temperatures can cause havoc on 
the skin. When faced with any kind of disease and in this case 
myeloma, cold, dry cracked skin is not a good day.

Here's the first of my health segment I spoke about starting.

I've noticed for myself being on the cocktail of drugs I spoke of,
my skin tends to be super dry... more than usual.
There was a point it was so cracked I thought it would bleed,
and that's not cute! I had a regimen years ago when I had this
dry patch of psoriasis or something on my *back
that I wiped away and it never returned, I'm not
sure what happened, but I went and did some research and looked to old school remedies.


Old school method and the new.
Let's start with:

Hands

Let's face it after people reference you by face, the hands are next.
Hands are the makeup of what's going on with you,and yes I believe so.
There have been times in meetings I'll cover mine up
if I get to talking with my hands because, at
the end of the day people move their attention to your hands, and super dry
not  good look!
Not need for a razor





My Go To Has Been (Old School):
a mini hand boost
 of  Vaseline for the cuticles.
a hand massage and a pinch of  more Vaseline and mixture of a
good lotion as a nightcap moisturize.
Apply to hand and sleep with a clean but old sock to absorb the
goodness.
Try this twice a week and you should see some
noticeable improvements

Other Methods (New School):
 Same thought with Vaseline applied to cuticles.
Sometimes I'll use a foot shrub lotion to remove
dead skin gently, as well as invigorate the pores,
especially if it's one that has  mint (below pic), wintergreen
or aloe.



I absolutely love Aveeno Products, so I'm going to plug their moisturize
lotion, but quite frankly I would say go back to the Vaseline and the sock after the
scrub is applied.

Tell me if it worked for you


* I'll talk about body/ back method on later post*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childrens Book on Multiple Myeloma

 I've found I can talk with an adult all day about life with a multiple myeloma diagnosis, some get it, some are still clueless...it is what it is. Multiple Myeloma is relatable for those who are on their own journey, or those who have had a family or friend who was taken from them because of it.  The conversation around cancer with young children holds a certain complexity. The question arises, should you say anything about it with small children as opposed to older children? How do you start the conversation? Is it necessary to be so candid with subtlety? After being diagnosed myself at an early age, and found myself in need of my own comfort in bringing on this conversation.   Follow my journey as I start promoting my new book...title to be debuted at a later time on my social media page -Instagram @myelomachick . Whether having small children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews...How have you shared your story with multiple myeloma? Y

Explaining Multiple Myeloma to Children

  We always think about how an adult processes the news of cancer; However, what about a child? A young one at that... During Multiple Myeloma Awareness Month , I will launch a children's book titled " Mama's Blood is Purple and Pink"  and discuss how to address the elephant in the room, such as cancer. I've written a story of how the conversation can go without it being scary for a child, when it can be, and is a scary experience. Debuting end of March 2026. Preorders available here We're also looking at Guest speakers to join the conversation here Further details will be shared on my Instagram page or website

Still Kicking and Moving All Around

Hey Everyone, I'm doing well on this end. I'm currently in remission, and my follow-up next week will actually reconfirm that. We will also discuss the next steps. A lot has taken place this year and I'm just moving with the flow of things. I've been doing my share of writing via different formats online, so I'm excited about helping those also going through myeloma or any other blood-related cancer. I know this is still a harsh struggle for so many of my fellow MM's. I know in the past few months a few people I follow on social media have had a time with the prognosis of their disease, and one has recently passed away. When I hear stories like this it reminds me, that no matter remission this is still a blunt reality that never leaves you. I will always be on pins and needles, as so many of us living this new life. However, with that said I'm LIVING MY BEST LIFE  and doing what I want to do, with a great bunch of friends and family in my corner. Chec...