Skip to main content

Featured In...

Okay, so a few things happened to me over the past 3 months...
Viral Infection ( Temporary lost of hearing due to this infection)
Almost bled to death a few blood transfusions.... long story
and the kicker.....

My numbers have spiked time for treatment!
I just returned from my wonderful vacation, as we were sure this would not take place, yet it did.
I survived my transfusion ordeal, though scary and losing me a few times in the hospital, yet I made it.
When I got the back to back news about MM and time to react with treatment, I was devastated- my thought was I will now be one of those people who starts the true dance with myeloma. I wanted to punch something and someone, but after a few days in the Bahamas, I've come back with a new perspective. God is not done with me yet.... he could have easily ended this a few weeks ago with my other medical scares, as I was that close to leaving here. Though I'm anxious, nervous about what's to come, I'm so a fighter and I cannot lose perspective on what life is about.....
Life's about that fight and making it to the finish line, tired, sweat and all making it through and being a testimony to someone else. I've gotten 5 years+ in that in itself was remarkable!

Black Swan Research Initiative awaits, let the questions and possibilities begin!
Follow me on facebook
 (Another Face of Multiple Myeloma)

I will continue to share my outlook on this disease- Get your issue of Coping Mag my contribution of Coping With Cancer is featured 2014:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childrens Book on Multiple Myeloma

 I've found I can talk with an adult all day about life with a multiple myeloma diagnosis, some get it, some are still clueless...it is what it is. Multiple Myeloma is relatable for those who are on their own journey, or those who have had a family or friend who was taken from them because of it.  The conversation around cancer with young children holds a certain complexity. The question arises, should you say anything about it with small children as opposed to older children? How do you start the conversation? Is it necessary to be so candid with subtlety? After being diagnosed myself at an early age, and found myself in need of my own comfort in bringing on this conversation.   Follow my journey as I start promoting my new book...title to be debuted at a later time on my social media page -Instagram @myelomachick . Whether having small children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews...How have you shared your story with multiple myeloma? Y

Still Kicking and Moving All Around

Hey Everyone, I'm doing well on this end. I'm currently in remission, and my follow-up next week will actually reconfirm that. We will also discuss the next steps. A lot has taken place this year and I'm just moving with the flow of things. I've been doing my share of writing via different formats online, so I'm excited about helping those also going through myeloma or any other blood-related cancer. I know this is still a harsh struggle for so many of my fellow MM's. I know in the past few months a few people I follow on social media have had a time with the prognosis of their disease, and one has recently passed away. When I hear stories like this it reminds me, that no matter remission this is still a blunt reality that never leaves you. I will always be on pins and needles, as so many of us living this new life. However, with that said I'm LIVING MY BEST LIFE  and doing what I want to do, with a great bunch of friends and family in my corner. Chec...

Multiple Myeloma Podcast

Hi There, I'll be teaming up with my buddy Kenny Capps for a cool podcast on everything thing myeloma. We hope to give a different outlook on topics and what is on the mind of many young adults affected by the disease multiple myeloma. More details to follow soon. Email me for more information- madaboutmyeloma9@gmail.com