Skip to main content

Merry Christmas






Lila and I say Merry Christmas!

Lila grants a smile :)
I'm so happy to be given another Christmas as a survivor of myeloma! I always feel a bit uneasy every holiday, as I think of my loved ones no longer here, and those true and dear to my heart that continue to encourage me on this journey. I also get a bit tense in wondering what the New Year brings. I got wonderful news a few weeks back.... my PetMRI and Bone Marrow results came back positive. My disease is still at the stable status. The look on  my husband's face eased my heart as well, as I know he is going through with those thoughts in his head of grasping what happens when and if this disease progresses at a rate we've had the fortune of not coming close with. I don't see my Onc until 6 months, my bone marrow #s from 5 years ago went up only by 3. I'm so thankful this Christmas and can only say that I hope God continues to be my 2nd legs on this hazy journey.

I wish you my fellow MM's a wonderful holiday, and may you find some joy on this journey during this holiday, and as we meet another New Year. Cheers to the Black Swan Therapy surfacing I hope it helps many people along the way, as new treatments pop up, giving us more options to consider.

 I wish you all well wishes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childrens Book on Multiple Myeloma

 I've found I can talk with an adult all day about life with a multiple myeloma diagnosis, some get it, some are still clueless...it is what it is. Multiple Myeloma is relatable for those who are on their own journey, or those who have had a family or friend who was taken from them because of it.  The conversation around cancer with young children holds a certain complexity. The question arises, should you say anything about it with small children as opposed to older children? How do you start the conversation? Is it necessary to be so candid with subtlety? After being diagnosed myself at an early age, and found myself in need of my own comfort in bringing on this conversation.   Follow my journey as I start promoting my new book...title to be debuted at a later time on my social media page -Instagram @myelomachick . Whether having small children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews...How have you shared your story with multiple myeloma? Y

Still Kicking and Moving All Around

Hey Everyone, I'm doing well on this end. I'm currently in remission, and my follow-up next week will actually reconfirm that. We will also discuss the next steps. A lot has taken place this year and I'm just moving with the flow of things. I've been doing my share of writing via different formats online, so I'm excited about helping those also going through myeloma or any other blood-related cancer. I know this is still a harsh struggle for so many of my fellow MM's. I know in the past few months a few people I follow on social media have had a time with the prognosis of their disease, and one has recently passed away. When I hear stories like this it reminds me, that no matter remission this is still a blunt reality that never leaves you. I will always be on pins and needles, as so many of us living this new life. However, with that said I'm LIVING MY BEST LIFE  and doing what I want to do, with a great bunch of friends and family in my corner. Chec...

Multiple Myeloma Podcast

Hi There, I'll be teaming up with my buddy Kenny Capps for a cool podcast on everything thing myeloma. We hope to give a different outlook on topics and what is on the mind of many young adults affected by the disease multiple myeloma. More details to follow soon. Email me for more information- madaboutmyeloma9@gmail.com