Skip to main content

Similarities in Cancers....

Saturday, my husband and I had an eye appointment- long overdue for 4 years now.
I've been getting some stellar headaches and with Myeloma in the midst you try and
stir away from getting paranoid- but ya never know...

All went well with the multiple blinks and slight chuckles as the doctor and nurse made us feel
so comfortable. I'm sure most of you can relate when filling out your health history for new doctors who tend to be introduced in your world, well even though this was a eye appointment
I felt and usually now feel compelled to let all health care people know that I'm not your typical
patient and a girl has some issues- unfortunately.

Well upon giving the spelling of myeloma- the nurse so nonchalantly stated she's a 10 year cancer survivor of breast cancer. Have you noticed as I, that even not by chance meeting people with cancer nowadays is a norm. Someone out there is going through the same or similar trials we're all facing this time of our life. Well this lovely lady was very calm and I suppose felt the worst was behind her for now. We spoke briefly about needles and one of her procedures that consisted of a mammogram
machine and a tube inserted in her breast.... Ouch!!
It's amazing how any of us get through what we have to do to figure cancer out.

One thing I can say is cancer brings us together in one form or another- and the will to survive by all means necessary could never be as true than when breaking down the similarities.

                                                             Be strong my fellow mm family!
                                                         We will get through this by all means!

Y

Comments

  1. Hi Yolanda! I just stopped by and had a quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance -emilywalsh688 (at) gmail.com- Thanks : )

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive comments....

Popular posts from this blog

Childrens Book on Multiple Myeloma

 I've found I can talk with an adult all day about life with a multiple myeloma diagnosis, some get it, some are still clueless...it is what it is. Multiple Myeloma is relatable for those who are on their own journey, or those who have had a family or friend who was taken from them because of it.  The conversation around cancer with young children holds a certain complexity. The question arises, should you say anything about it with small children as opposed to older children? How do you start the conversation? Is it necessary to be so candid with subtlety? After being diagnosed myself at an early age, and found myself in need of my own comfort in bringing on this conversation.   Follow my journey as I start promoting my new book...title to be debuted at a later time on my social media page -Instagram @myelomachick . Whether having small children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews...How have you shared your story with multiple myeloma? Y

Still Kicking and Moving All Around

Hey Everyone, I'm doing well on this end. I'm currently in remission, and my follow-up next week will actually reconfirm that. We will also discuss the next steps. A lot has taken place this year and I'm just moving with the flow of things. I've been doing my share of writing via different formats online, so I'm excited about helping those also going through myeloma or any other blood-related cancer. I know this is still a harsh struggle for so many of my fellow MM's. I know in the past few months a few people I follow on social media have had a time with the prognosis of their disease, and one has recently passed away. When I hear stories like this it reminds me, that no matter remission this is still a blunt reality that never leaves you. I will always be on pins and needles, as so many of us living this new life. However, with that said I'm LIVING MY BEST LIFE  and doing what I want to do, with a great bunch of friends and family in my corner. Chec...

Multiple Myeloma Podcast

Hi There, I'll be teaming up with my buddy Kenny Capps for a cool podcast on everything thing myeloma. We hope to give a different outlook on topics and what is on the mind of many young adults affected by the disease multiple myeloma. More details to follow soon. Email me for more information- madaboutmyeloma9@gmail.com