Skip to main content

The Audacity To Live...




I've been moving and shaking in the myeloma community, and it feels good!
Anyone who has wandered onto my blog, know that I'm doing and feeling well...
Sort of, as I did have walking pneumonia some weeks back. If it's not one thing it's another. I'll have my labs drawn and a follow-up in a few weeks and pray there won't be any hiccups in my remission stage.


Well just to get you up to speed, I did a presentation at Mount Sinai Hospital on the Stain of Racial Disparities as it relates to Multiple Myeloma. I touched on the way of the few African American advocates with this disease; We're far and few between, yet cover this beast in higher incidences. Apparently, this conversation has opened up the door to more discussions such as this, and I'm happy to keep at it!

I've been working on a fitness coaching/ trainer business and look forward to our website in a few months, or sooner. So I know exercise can be a sore subject for many, as who has the ability to workout after treatments? Well, I know all too well the challenges as fatigue hits many of us strong. Yet, with that being said, this has been my savior of being active while on treatment. My experience has been trying to keep positive and active while having this disease. Could this be why I'm in remission? Who knows but I'm sure it hasn't hurt the outcome. I'll offer my clients an online hub to follow my suggestions in being fit with restrictions. I hope to share this with you very soon :)

I'm honored to have been accepted to 2019 Healthe Voices in Dallas Texas. Healthe Voices is a spectrum of engaging and impactful advocates repping their platform. I was one of the few repping multiple myeloma. There are some interesting things in the works as we move in #madabout myeloma movement... won't you join me?

Well that's about it.

The audacity to live is about trying, moving and staying relevant as we face this disease together!

Best


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mud Girl Obstacle 2023

 This was my first race that was a thrill to take part in. Multiple Myeloma has been a crutch that I've been able to keep at the back end of my shoulder. It is essential to keep living and doing which I tend to do at the 10th degree. Despite the labels, the Mudrun race was a new thing to do and crush. I live by breaking the rules and breaking those assumptions that life stalls. We do know life is short and I find it my kryptonite to not allow the powers that be which sometimes are out of my control to limit what I want to do; perhaps Im fortunate in being able to do things with some limits of course with a different mindset than most.  Crushing this feat of a 3-mile race with 17 obstacles in the mud, and making it through my fear of heights has now allowed me to consider other bucket list possibilities within reason to take a stab at. Cheers to living your best, even when the "You" has been tested at all degrees. Courtesy: Spitfir Production Courtesy: Spitfir Production

Plugging Multiple Myeloma

I had a wonderful conversation with a new friend on the trials of myeloma, and it was interesting that we’ve both experienced to some degree the nonchalant reactions when faced with our disease. The saying to walk a mile in one's own moccasins could never be far from the truth, sometimes you get the feeling that no one cares or your cause and or experience is not of interest...., or better yet taken seriously.... I'm reviewing various sources to promote Another Face of Multiple Myeloma , and after extensive research I found there a not many books on patient related experiences, which I find odd, with the exception of popular myeloma blogger Pat Killingsley, I found just two other personal stories from author's penned memoirs on myeloma, and one unfortunately passed away and the other I'm desperately trying to gather contact information. I was in the process of working with a top myeloma foundation to present my book to readers that could possbly relate to my experi

Nominated for Social Health Awards- Community Cultivator

  Click Here for Details