Skip to main content

The Audacity To Live...




I've been moving and shaking in the myeloma community, and it feels good!
Anyone who has wandered onto my blog, know that I'm doing and feeling well...
Sort of, as I did have walking pneumonia some weeks back. If it's not one thing it's another. I'll have my labs drawn and a follow-up in a few weeks and pray there won't be any hiccups in my remission stage.


Well just to get you up to speed, I did a presentation at Mount Sinai Hospital on the Stain of Racial Disparities as it relates to Multiple Myeloma. I touched on the way of the few African American advocates with this disease; We're far and few between, yet cover this beast in higher incidences. Apparently, this conversation has opened up the door to more discussions such as this, and I'm happy to keep at it!

I've been working on a fitness coaching/ trainer business and look forward to our website in a few months, or sooner. So I know exercise can be a sore subject for many, as who has the ability to workout after treatments? Well, I know all too well the challenges as fatigue hits many of us strong. Yet, with that being said, this has been my savior of being active while on treatment. My experience has been trying to keep positive and active while having this disease. Could this be why I'm in remission? Who knows but I'm sure it hasn't hurt the outcome. I'll offer my clients an online hub to follow my suggestions in being fit with restrictions. I hope to share this with you very soon :)

I'm honored to have been accepted to 2019 Healthe Voices in Dallas Texas. Healthe Voices is a spectrum of engaging and impactful advocates repping their platform. I was one of the few repping multiple myeloma. There are some interesting things in the works as we move in #madabout myeloma movement... won't you join me?

Well that's about it.

The audacity to live is about trying, moving and staying relevant as we face this disease together!

Best


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childrens Book on Multiple Myeloma

 I've found I can talk with an adult all day about life with a multiple myeloma diagnosis, some get it, some are still clueless...it is what it is. Multiple Myeloma is relatable for those who are on their own journey, or those who have had a family or friend who was taken from them because of it.  The conversation around cancer with young children holds a certain complexity. The question arises, should you say anything about it with small children as opposed to older children? How do you start the conversation? Is it necessary to be so candid with subtlety? After being diagnosed myself at an early age, and found myself in need of my own comfort in bringing on this conversation.   Follow my journey as I start promoting my new book...title to be debuted at a later time on my social media page -Instagram @myelomachick . Whether having small children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews...How have you shared your story with multiple myeloma? Y

Explaining Multiple Myeloma to Children

  We always think about how an adult processes the news of cancer; However, what about a child? A young one at that... During Multiple Myeloma Awareness Month , I will launch a children's book titled " Mama's Blood is Purple and Pink"  and discuss how to address the elephant in the room, such as cancer. I've written a story of how the conversation can go without it being scary for a child, when it can be, and is a scary experience. Debuting end of March 2026. Preorders available here We're also looking at Guest speakers to join the conversation here Further details will be shared on my Instagram page or website

Still Kicking and Moving All Around

Hey Everyone, I'm doing well on this end. I'm currently in remission, and my follow-up next week will actually reconfirm that. We will also discuss the next steps. A lot has taken place this year and I'm just moving with the flow of things. I've been doing my share of writing via different formats online, so I'm excited about helping those also going through myeloma or any other blood-related cancer. I know this is still a harsh struggle for so many of my fellow MM's. I know in the past few months a few people I follow on social media have had a time with the prognosis of their disease, and one has recently passed away. When I hear stories like this it reminds me, that no matter remission this is still a blunt reality that never leaves you. I will always be on pins and needles, as so many of us living this new life. However, with that said I'm LIVING MY BEST LIFE  and doing what I want to do, with a great bunch of friends and family in my corner. Chec...