Skip to main content

Finally... Some Updates

Hi All,

I'm well and still kicking... Thank God!

I know it's been awhile but I've been active on my twitter, so if not blogging I've been live on other forms of social media. I've been busy with life in general, whether work, forming businesses, Dr appts... it can be a bit taxing. Well one of the developments is forming a wellness training program for ..... you guessed it- people like me and possibly you. I've encountered a lot the last few years but through it all, I've been consistent with physical self. Now, what does that mean you ask? Well I've tried to stay fit and active to the best of my abilities. It's not easy taking dex, rev,acyclovir, velcade... more recently carfilzomib. Quite frankly a lady gets tired and at times sluggish; However, I've worked out details to persevere despite the "sleepy syndrome" I like to call it. I really don't know how I do the things I do, and how my body is still functioning as we've been through a lot together.

Ensuring my weight and physical activity is so important. You must be active in any shape of form possible with a chronic condition. When I was seeking a trainer a few years back, something told me this may not work, so I looked into how I can train as a trainer for those like me. What I mean by this is a trainer who is mindful and quite frankly understands my condition. When I first researched multiple myeloma through those sites with damning news basically estimated my time here on earth would be a wrap in 5 years. Well I'm happy and blessed to say I'm 8 years in. My condition is maintained, my numbers are remarkably going down... my latest m- spike is zero. Happy dance.... well not so fast, because again those side effects are real readers.
-Dabble with high blood pressure.
-Leg discomfort.
-Fatigue.
-Lesions on spine.
-Weight gain.. it's usually the other way around but those steroids I suppose. I get the munchies every now and then but not for my weight to be ridiculous- so I'll blame this on the steroids.
-Swollen hand joints that comes and goes.... crazy stuff.
-Neuropathy at thumb (I know crazy... but could be worst as I've heard the stories)- mine is not consistent it comes and goes.

Along with other minor things. I think many could relate to the few I have listed. Anyway, I say all this to say I needed someone to train me with all the stuff I go through at my level of the do's and don'ts. It came to me in a vision... really it did. It came to me to study to become a fitness trainer or what I want to call wellness trainer with people with chronic conditions. I understand and know first hand as a mm client (if you will) what can and should not be done, that could cause damage or further issues. I'm young and like to look a particular way and basically stay active. I like the steps that I'm making where the future could bring me in helping many like myself. Well enough of that, as I still have some areas to study and so forth- but more details to follow I hope very soon.

On that note- I'll end it here but I promise to post more often - my gosh it's been a year.

Today is 9/28/2016 and I feel moderately well today.

Cheers!

Yolanda


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plugging Multiple Myeloma

I had a wonderful conversation with a new friend on the trials of myeloma, and it was interesting that we’ve both experienced to some degree the nonchalant reactions when faced with our disease. The saying to walk a mile in one's own moccasins could never be far from the truth, sometimes you get the feeling that no one cares or your cause and or experience is not of interest...., or better yet taken seriously.... I'm reviewing various sources to promote Another Face of Multiple Myeloma , and after extensive research I found there a not many books on patient related experiences, which I find odd, with the exception of popular myeloma blogger Pat Killingsley, I found just two other personal stories from author's penned memoirs on myeloma, and one unfortunately passed away and the other I'm desperately trying to gather contact information. I was in the process of working with a top myeloma foundation to present my book to readers that could possbly relate to my experi

Mud Girl Obstacle 2023

 This was my first race that was a thrill to take part in. Multiple Myeloma has been a crutch that I've been able to keep at the back end of my shoulder. It is essential to keep living and doing which I tend to do at the 10th degree. Despite the labels, the Mudrun race was a new thing to do and crush. I live by breaking the rules and breaking those assumptions that life stalls. We do know life is short and I find it my kryptonite to not allow the powers that be which sometimes are out of my control to limit what I want to do; perhaps Im fortunate in being able to do things with some limits of course with a different mindset than most.  Crushing this feat of a 3-mile race with 17 obstacles in the mud, and making it through my fear of heights has now allowed me to consider other bucket list possibilities within reason to take a stab at. Cheers to living your best, even when the "You" has been tested at all degrees. Courtesy: Spitfir Production Courtesy: Spitfir Production

Nominated for Social Health Awards- Community Cultivator

  Click Here for Details