Skip to main content

Out of Commision

Hello Fellow Readers,

Excuse the short absence. I was ill with some kind of strange viral infection- that no one knows for sure what it was.....
This was one time I knew for sure MM was about to be the death of me!
What started off as a quick turn sore throat to losing my voice in 1 day, to an ear infection the next day, to horrendous back spasms- i cannot tell you how much pain i was in.

Now this may not have had anything to do with MM, but the back spasm and me crawling and dropping to the floor due to the pain.... I cannot tell you how crazy the experience has been.
My concern was even more intense with the back spasms, as it was at my lower spine, where I already have small indications of lesions, so you can imagine how scary this was.
I recovered from this, but hope there was no damage done, but my practioner assured me if there was fractions, I would not be about to bend and do some of the tests he had me do. I'll need to share this experience with my oncologist in the next few months....

Never a dull moment!!!

Best my friends!!

Comments

  1. You're right, there's never a dull moment! That sounds horrible. I haven't had that specifically, but I am all too familiar with various random and sudden pains or something taking on an entirely new unexpected dimension. And it definitely does sound scary! My current scary situation is my ratio is 6:1. Imagine how shocked I was... I'm hoping my plasma cells grow and kick ass this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Petula

    Yep, never a dull moment! I hope your cells behave and stop acting the fool in there- LOL
    This walk sucks but stay encouraged despite the hard knocks, because as I see there's a whole bunch unfortunately.
    Anything bone related now- any glitch of pain has the angels on my shoulder tugging me is this myeloma or isn't it.
    Frustrating, Annoying but this too shall pass!

    Best to you this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive comments....

Popular posts from this blog

Childrens Book on Multiple Myeloma

 I've found I can talk with an adult all day about life with a multiple myeloma diagnosis, some get it, some are still clueless...it is what it is. Multiple Myeloma is relatable for those who are on their own journey, or those who have had a family or friend who was taken from them because of it.  The conversation around cancer with young children holds a certain complexity. The question arises, should you say anything about it with small children as opposed to older children? How do you start the conversation? Is it necessary to be so candid with subtlety? After being diagnosed myself at an early age, and found myself in need of my own comfort in bringing on this conversation.   Follow my journey as I start promoting my new book...title to be debuted at a later time on my social media page -Instagram @myelomachick . Whether having small children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews...How have you shared your story with multiple myeloma? Y

Explaining Multiple Myeloma to Children

  We always think about how an adult processes the news of cancer; However, what about a child? A young one at that... During Multiple Myeloma Awareness Month , I will launch a children's book titled " Mama's Blood is Purple and Pink"  and discuss how to address the elephant in the room, such as cancer. I've written a story of how the conversation can go without it being scary for a child, when it can be, and is a scary experience. Debuting end of March 2026. Preorders available here We're also looking at Guest speakers to join the conversation here Further details will be shared on my Instagram page or website

Still Kicking and Moving All Around

Hey Everyone, I'm doing well on this end. I'm currently in remission, and my follow-up next week will actually reconfirm that. We will also discuss the next steps. A lot has taken place this year and I'm just moving with the flow of things. I've been doing my share of writing via different formats online, so I'm excited about helping those also going through myeloma or any other blood-related cancer. I know this is still a harsh struggle for so many of my fellow MM's. I know in the past few months a few people I follow on social media have had a time with the prognosis of their disease, and one has recently passed away. When I hear stories like this it reminds me, that no matter remission this is still a blunt reality that never leaves you. I will always be on pins and needles, as so many of us living this new life. However, with that said I'm LIVING MY BEST LIFE  and doing what I want to do, with a great bunch of friends and family in my corner. Chec...