Skip to main content

Healthy Snacks-2014... Crunch Appeal

Okay, so you all know I'm trying to limit my sugar  and chicken intake. I'm very mindful of sugar and
when enough is enough, so I still have a way to go. I came upon a recipe some years ago when diagnosed with myeloma and reading on the benefits of adding flax seed to diet.

Flax seed is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, which helps in reducing bone lost, stabilizing blood sugar, promoting weight loss, as well as increasing your immune system.

I have to admit I'm a snacker and it's something about getting the munchies just when it's time to call it a night that the snack attack occurs. I like snacks that crunch... I don't know maybe it's a mental thing or something. Today, we're snowed in and I need a break from my business at Spitfir, so I've played around for tonight's snack when "The Walking Dead" series comes on:)

Shall we begin?? Let's rock.....

                                                       Flax Seed Twist with a Twist

Ingredients
-Flax seed meal- 3/4 -1 cup
-Onion Salt- 1 tsp.
-1/4 tsp. of parsley
-Graham Crackers- 2 crackers
-1 cup of sterilized water
-1/2 cup of grated cheese

Let's go....

Pre-heat oven at 350 Degrees. Take graham crackers and crunch up with a small kitchen mallet, where it's nicely grinded, or use a food processor to grind. Pour in parsley and onion salt, cheese, flax seed meal, and water. Mix to you get a soft consistency but not too watery. Spread on parchment paper, about 1/8 thick throughout so that the spread is even. Bake for about 15- 20 minutes until no longer soft, but not too hard- turn carefully on opposite side for 5 more minutes. Cool and cut into mini cubes. Viola Crunch!





Comments

  1. I'm with you Yolanda. NO sugar! It's the most difficult thing I've done and that's after two transplants! LOVE this recipe and will be giving it a go as soon as I get some flax. Thank you for this wonderful blog and being wonderful you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pam. It's an difficult task, but if we're mindful of the toxins, we're more prone to do something about it.
    Enjoy :) Not bad...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive comments....

Popular posts from this blog

Childrens Book on Multiple Myeloma

 I've found I can talk with an adult all day about life with a multiple myeloma diagnosis, some get it, some are still clueless...it is what it is. Multiple Myeloma is relatable for those who are on their own journey, or those who have had a family or friend who was taken from them because of it.  The conversation around cancer with young children holds a certain complexity. The question arises, should you say anything about it with small children as opposed to older children? How do you start the conversation? Is it necessary to be so candid with subtlety? After being diagnosed myself at an early age, and found myself in need of my own comfort in bringing on this conversation.   Follow my journey as I start promoting my new book...title to be debuted at a later time on my social media page -Instagram @myelomachick . Whether having small children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews...How have you shared your story with multiple myeloma? Y

Explaining Multiple Myeloma to Children

  We always think about how an adult processes the news of cancer; However, what about a child? A young one at that... During Multiple Myeloma Awareness Month , I will launch a children's book titled " Mama's Blood is Purple and Pink"  and discuss how to address the elephant in the room, such as cancer. I've written a story of how the conversation can go without it being scary for a child, when it can be, and is a scary experience. Debuting end of March 2026. Preorders available here We're also looking at Guest speakers to join the conversation here Further details will be shared on my Instagram page or website

Still Kicking and Moving All Around

Hey Everyone, I'm doing well on this end. I'm currently in remission, and my follow-up next week will actually reconfirm that. We will also discuss the next steps. A lot has taken place this year and I'm just moving with the flow of things. I've been doing my share of writing via different formats online, so I'm excited about helping those also going through myeloma or any other blood-related cancer. I know this is still a harsh struggle for so many of my fellow MM's. I know in the past few months a few people I follow on social media have had a time with the prognosis of their disease, and one has recently passed away. When I hear stories like this it reminds me, that no matter remission this is still a blunt reality that never leaves you. I will always be on pins and needles, as so many of us living this new life. However, with that said I'm LIVING MY BEST LIFE  and doing what I want to do, with a great bunch of friends and family in my corner. Chec...