Skip to main content

Cancer and Your Bucket List...

Today is Sunday November 10, 2013.... It's a breezy cold Sunday and the weekend just as so many is going by quickly. This month I
celebrated another birthday and thankful for that, but bittersweet as those once in my life
are no longer here in the physical form to help me celebrate....

I'm watching the movie The Bucket list with actors Jack Nicolson and Morgan Freeman. I absolutely love this movie and it's so fitting for all ages. The bottom line is we go off in life trying to achieve the dream we concoct that will make us happy, whether this is marriage, children, education, career, and being famous, or what have you, but when a doctor enters your room and approaches you with those strange and foreign words
You Have Cancer... those life achievements seem so bittersweet, as many of us feel there's just so many more things left to do.

The concept of writing that list of things to aspire to achieve before you die is a self fulfillment and a gesture to make your last journey as doable (if you will) to your own standards. Chemo and treatment may be in the midst but having a handle on how and what you want this journey to go in your final days, should be live in the moment for the future is not promised.

Bucket List:
-Travel to that place you always dreamed but never went forth to book that ticket
-Do that activity that you never thought you had it in you to do
-Laugh... it's okay to stop taking life so seriousness now

Know that we will not finish everything we wish to do in our lifetime, but doing you at this time in life is a necessity!

LIVE LIFE.... A FULL LIFE!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Childrens Book on Multiple Myeloma

 I've found I can talk with an adult all day about life with a multiple myeloma diagnosis, some get it, some are still clueless...it is what it is. Multiple Myeloma is relatable for those who are on their own journey, or those who have had a family or friend who was taken from them because of it.  The conversation around cancer with young children holds a certain complexity. The question arises, should you say anything about it with small children as opposed to older children? How do you start the conversation? Is it necessary to be so candid with subtlety? After being diagnosed myself at an early age, and found myself in need of my own comfort in bringing on this conversation.   Follow my journey as I start promoting my new book...title to be debuted at a later time on my social media page -Instagram @myelomachick . Whether having small children, grandchildren, nieces, or nephews...How have you shared your story with multiple myeloma? Y

Explaining Multiple Myeloma to Children

  We always think about how an adult processes the news of cancer; However, what about a child? A young one at that... During Multiple Myeloma Awareness Month , I will launch a children's book titled " Mama's Blood is Purple and Pink"  and discuss how to address the elephant in the room, such as cancer. I've written a story of how the conversation can go without it being scary for a child, when it can be, and is a scary experience. Debuting end of March 2026. Preorders available here We're also looking at Guest speakers to join the conversation here Further details will be shared on my Instagram page or website

Still Kicking and Moving All Around

Hey Everyone, I'm doing well on this end. I'm currently in remission, and my follow-up next week will actually reconfirm that. We will also discuss the next steps. A lot has taken place this year and I'm just moving with the flow of things. I've been doing my share of writing via different formats online, so I'm excited about helping those also going through myeloma or any other blood-related cancer. I know this is still a harsh struggle for so many of my fellow MM's. I know in the past few months a few people I follow on social media have had a time with the prognosis of their disease, and one has recently passed away. When I hear stories like this it reminds me, that no matter remission this is still a blunt reality that never leaves you. I will always be on pins and needles, as so many of us living this new life. However, with that said I'm LIVING MY BEST LIFE  and doing what I want to do, with a great bunch of friends and family in my corner. Chec...