Skip to main content

Viactiv and Myeloma




Okay readers let’s turn up the fire on discussion….

So while eating my lunch from home- spaghetti and turkey meatballs, I popped a chocolate known as Viactiv Calcium Chews-500mg.

Viactiv is a small chocolate supplement for calcium consumption. The popular television commercials had stated just 2 will give you your daily calcium needs, and as myeloma patients (or I hope most of you are aware) we need that Vitamin D and calcium to assist in maintaining stronger bones, as this is one of the dire consequences of myeloma. On my last MRI found small hints of lesions at my pelvis, and since I take Vit. D supplement presently – why not try this as well.

Well during the lunch I mentioned my brief search on internet made me choke on the supplement- when I came upon Medsfacts.com study on Viactiv and multiple myeloma a side effect of Viactiv… I was utterly confused and quite concerned, considering- “Well I have MM, but will this chewable affect me further negatively??” I became so nervous and as any concerned patient would do called my doctor- That’s another story- but my decision after spending $15 for this case of chewables was to cut my lost. Considering I have issues there’s no need to make the situation worst- better yet what is the real deal on this viactiv? I’ve been taking this for about over a month - 1 every other day- not really too consistent. I have noticed some headaches, which is a side effect, but that could be a number of reasons- or could it

Viactiv is defined as VIACTIV® Soft Chews bone-strengthening formula gives you the power of calcium, vitamin D and vitamin K all working together to benefit your bone health.

 

Anyone else tried this? What have been your experiences? Let’s chat….



 

 

 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mud Girl Obstacle 2023

 This was my first race that was a thrill to take part in. Multiple Myeloma has been a crutch that I've been able to keep at the back end of my shoulder. It is essential to keep living and doing which I tend to do at the 10th degree. Despite the labels, the Mudrun race was a new thing to do and crush. I live by breaking the rules and breaking those assumptions that life stalls. We do know life is short and I find it my kryptonite to not allow the powers that be which sometimes are out of my control to limit what I want to do; perhaps Im fortunate in being able to do things with some limits of course with a different mindset than most.  Crushing this feat of a 3-mile race with 17 obstacles in the mud, and making it through my fear of heights has now allowed me to consider other bucket list possibilities within reason to take a stab at. Cheers to living your best, even when the "You" has been tested at all degrees. Courtesy: Spitfir Production Courtesy: Spitfir Production

Plugging Multiple Myeloma

I had a wonderful conversation with a new friend on the trials of myeloma, and it was interesting that we’ve both experienced to some degree the nonchalant reactions when faced with our disease. The saying to walk a mile in one's own moccasins could never be far from the truth, sometimes you get the feeling that no one cares or your cause and or experience is not of interest...., or better yet taken seriously.... I'm reviewing various sources to promote Another Face of Multiple Myeloma , and after extensive research I found there a not many books on patient related experiences, which I find odd, with the exception of popular myeloma blogger Pat Killingsley, I found just two other personal stories from author's penned memoirs on myeloma, and one unfortunately passed away and the other I'm desperately trying to gather contact information. I was in the process of working with a top myeloma foundation to present my book to readers that could possbly relate to my experi

Nominated for Social Health Awards- Community Cultivator

  Click Here for Details